- Patented 4:1 ratio of carbohydrate to protein to speed the movement of carbohydrate into the muscle
- Supplies the necessary carbohydrates and electrolytes for rehydrating and replenishing muscle reserves
- Increases endurance by 29% and decreases muscle damage by 83%
- Increases rehydration by 15% (and 40% more than water alone)
- Increases endurance in a subsequent workout by 40%
Accelerade : Standing Out From the Pack
Protein-powered Accelerade in multiple studies was shown to have both synergistic effects with both carbohydrates and electrolytes as well as independent effects to enhance endurance and reduce fatigue.
The carbohydrate composition found in Accelerade is different, consisting of 3 short-acting high-glycemic carbohydrates. Each of the carbohydrates uses a different transporter system, thereby increasing the amount of energy that is transported to muscles. And since the sugars are high-glycemic, energy delivery is not delayed by stomach absorption which means faster delivery.
How Protein Enhances Athletic Performance
The protein in Accelerade, which contains a high percentage of branched chain amino acids reduces fatigue during exercise and also has a major impact on reducing muscle damage and speeding recovery after exercise. Although these endurance and recovery benefits would make protein-powered Accelerade an ideal choice for a sports drink.
Accelerade is also a better rehydration drink. Just as carbohydrate activates an independent transporter system, so does protein. In fact, in a study comparing Accelerade to a carbohydrate-electrolyte sports drink, and to water, Accelerade was 15% more effective than Gatorade, and 37% more effective than water.